Wednesday 18 August 2010

Peru and Fund-raising

I am saving like mad. Every month I put away an unrealistically large amount and then lo and behold...my phone bill is immense..then my storage bill finally catches up with me...so its 2 steps forward and 1 step back! Between savings and fund-raising I have managed to squirrel away £500. I have money I'm still collecting from a few events and a number of projects I'm working on, so I'm confident that I can do it..its just that this is the biggest project I've ever embarked on. I'm on track despite everything but the thought of reaching £3000 in time is quite daunting!

I recall back in 2007, I wanted to find 1000 people to sponsor me at £2 a month. I thought it was the most amazingly simple and effective fund-raise ever! Sadly, I wasnt able to get that going when I had the network which was a huge shame but now I'm thinking that I should revisit the idea and adapt it to fit my current situation.

I'm looking at a new blog site which I understand is accessible via email and Face-book...I've almost got my Paypal account sorted and I've got a whole new, if considerably smaller, network to experiment with.

Fingers crossed!

No comments: